Welcome to our Virtual Conference
Silver is Golden! Join us in celebrating 25 years of the OAG! In a virtual world, the Ontario Association of Gastroenterology (OAG), is pleased to celebrate a REAL milestone – our 25th anniversary! That’s right, we’ve been providing leading-edge information to, and representing the interests of, GIs across the province for twenty-five years.
We have a lot to be proud of, and you do too. We are proud of our diversity, inclusiveness and how far we have come as an association. And, thanks to COVID (yes, even COVID has a silver lining), we will have two opportunities to celebrate – virtually, at our Annual Conference (April 2-3, 2022) and in person, at the Ritz-Carlton Toronto in November 2022!
We could talk about the issues we’ve faced – and we have faced issues that affected our practices and impacted our patients – but, while they’re important, they’re only part of the story. The REAL story of the OAG is people, and we’ll be focusing on them: the people who’ve led us, and the people who have set examples for us and supported us as we learned. In short, the people who have exemplified why the OAG is the great organization it is – our Presidents, and the recipients of our Distinguished Service Award (DSA).
While all our members and volunteers (on committees, task forces, and the Board) have contributed to our success, we’d like to acknowledge again the special contributions made by our Presidents and DSA honourees.
And on top of that, we have a jam packed two-day scientific program that has been designed to offer thought-provoking talks given by international and Canadian experts providing you with the best fora to enhance your knowledge and learn about the emerging trends in our field. As always, the goal is to allow delegates to take what they have learned back to their respective clinics/practices.
Our Conference platform is interactive so plan to take some time to visit with our sponsors and have some fun while participating in our Mystery Box and Scavenger Hunt!!
Message from OAG Leaders
Message from the President
Read the Message
David G. Morgan, MD, MSc., FRCP(C), CAGF
Message from the Conference Chair
Read the Message
Daniel Green, MD, FRCPC
2021-2022 Conference Committee Members
Dr. David Morgan, Hamilton
Dr. Emily Ching, Burlington
Dr. Maria Cino, Toronto
Dr. Iain Murray, Markham
Dr. Keith McIntosh, London
Dr. Hemant Shah, Toronto
Dr. Adam Weizman, Toronto
Registration Now Open!
Registration includes Scientific Sessions, Concurrent Sessions, Virtual Networking Hall, Scavenger Hunt and Mystery Box Draw.
- Open to OAG member conference registrants only!
- SECRET GAMIFICATION WORDS will be scattered throughout the platform, within instructional e-mails, platform videos and sponsor booths. When you find a Gamification word, simply type the word into the Gamification section of the platform to earn points. Top Point Leaders from each day win a Mystery Box!
- Draw will take place at the Closing Remarks on each day. You must be present to win!
- There are two prizes. Mystery Boxes will be shipped to the recipient after the Conference
Hmmm..what could be inside?
Day 1 Winners
Day 2 Winners
Dr. Bruno Salena
Dr. Eric Leong
Dr. Stefanos Voglis
Dr. Tahrin Mahmood
(OAG Scavenger Hunt)
All Early Bird conference delegates will be placed on a virtual team. Your team will have 3 weeks to complete virtual missions and earn points to win team prizes. Each team member of a winning team will receive an e-gift card and bragging rights.
This is a great way to connect with conference delegates before the conference begins with a little friendly competition.
All conference attendees are invited to the GI GooseChase Viewing Party 12:05 PM EDT April 2nd to see what teams submitted for their missions!
1st Place Team
2nd Place Team
3rd Place Team
|Feinman Fusion with 26,700 points||Seaton Rum Punchers with 18,600 points||Bondy Bandits with #12,100 Points|
Let's Make a Deal style winners: (first person to open their camera and show the following item)
Helpful Hints and Information
VIRTUAL EXHIBIT HALL
The Virtual Networking Hall will be open from Friday, April 1, 2022 to Sunday, April 3, 2022. Sponsors will post their virtual office hours so you can make appointments. Be sure to check out our sponsors on our website and in our Symposium portal.
PREPARING FOR THE MEETING: PHEEDLOOP MEETING PLATFORM
Once registered, you will be provided with a personalized login a few days before the event. Be sure to login and test the platform at that time to avoid any issues on the day of.
- To guarantee you have a good experience communicating in the Virtual Networking Hall during this Conference please ensure you have given permission so your browser can access your camera and microphone on the website.
- Ensure you are using an up-to-date version in Chrome (recommended), Firefox, or Edge.
- Ensure that you do not have any corporate blocks, firewalls, or VPN open on your computer.
- Ensure that the settings in the video chat application are using your correct microphone and webcam. This will make it much easier to chat with your colleagues and sponsors.
- Review management of treatment of viral hepatitis
- Develop understanding clinical care pathways of risk stratification and management in NAFLD.
- Review medical management of portal hypertension
- Review new mechanisms of actions of biologics and small molecules in the treatment of IBD and consider combination therapy.
- Describe the management of Celiac disease including future medical options beyond diet.
- Describe the role for G-POEMS for the management of Achalasia and Gastroparesis.
- Review emerging therapies for Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
- Update on virtual care of patients in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
This event is an accredited group learning activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and approved by the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology.
Through this program the CanMEDS roles of medical expert, communicator, collaborator, leader, scholar and professional will be covered.
Join OAG on social media!
Share your experience with us this year during the OAG 25th Annual Conference by following us on Twitter @ontario_gastros. We will be posting all that is happening for and at the Symposium using the hashtag #OAG25.